View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 07:30 AM
Cogito

Okay, here's the story: In past RR's i had used left over blocks from my Grandmas quilting. She died in 1994. but this time around.....and it has been YEARS since I have played in a RR, I didn't have any leftover blocks. I was trying to figure out what I was gonna make for this RR and was really struggling. Well......I work at a LQS and we have a big bin that quilters can drop their scraps off in and we send them to the local animal shelter to make beds. Now mind you I am not in the habit of digging through this bin, lol! But the day I worked, I walked past it and here lying on the top of the bin heap was this block and another block I will post later. Well they were just way to awesome to go in a doggie bed and we send 100's of lbs. to the shelters so I asked my boss....can I take these two blocks? Yep was the answer and I snatched 'em! Well that same day I bought a grab bag of scraps from the store cause I like to add variety to my stash, lol! Would you believe that deep maroon that shows in the picture is what was in that grab bag? I was was worrying about being able to match fabrics since this is obviously a block made with older fabrics, possibly early 2000's. Then unbelievably I had ordered some fabrics from Fabric.com (love that place!) and it arrived the day after bringing these lovelies home. Oh my gosh! the fabric with the little squares that I had bought on clearance went beautifully with this. AND I found the other fabric in my stash. So ladies, I have got the start of a great RR quilt here!

I need your opinion though......what do you think? Should the green be added as corners before adding a thin border of the maroon or should I just add the maroon? I LOVE repurposing old blocks so I am very excited about this!
I will be sending the extra fabric with.....including that green you can see peeking out if not used for corners.
Let me know your opinions!