Old 08-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Wildernessties

Default Thoughts on sending fruit for a funeral rather than flowers

This is sort of a sad topic but I'd love to hear other views on this. I understand the sending flowers to show the loved one is being thought of but flowers are very expensive these days. It often seems to me the money might be better spent on sending a box of fruit instead. I might not have thought of this but I worked for a while at a call center taking orders for fruit and often encountered this request. I've considered doing it myself in the past but I guess I didn't want to risk hurting someone's feelings by doing something different.

I thought of the Quilting Board the other day as a perfect place to get opinions on this topic. What are your thoughts on this? I know I will once again be faced with this question sooner or later and I think it would help to know how others feel.

My thought is that the family often has extra expenses at this time along with lots of stress. Fresh fruit might work well for munching and also be one less item they have to buy. I think it might be a good idea but I'll make my final decision after I hear other thoughts. Thanks!!