Old 08-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Jim's Gem

My weight is holding steady. My father is not doing well. He seems to be getting weaker and weaker and barely eats or drinks anything. This could be it.....

Been getting lots of sewing in. The budget is extremely tight this month so I am being good and staying home and sewing. My Bernina will come home today, however they could not get the needed part. They say maybe by the end of the year. I can still sew on it but don't know how long it will last. I have been using my trusty old Pfaff. I am going to take it in and exchange it for the Bernina. It needs a good cleaning and oiling as it is making more noise than it should.
This weekend is our UFO weekend at church. I have 8 quilt tops to be sandwiched. Dh will help me as well as some of my friends. One is a twin, the rest are lap size. I also have 2 other tops that need borders and a backing and 2 more that I have all the squares done. These 4 are to be donated, along with 3 of the others.
I may not take my machine, may only work on getting these sandwiched, I don't know. I won't be able to sew all day tomorrow as I have a wedding out of town. I'm not so thrilled about taking my machine and getting it all set up for only a few minutes of sewing. We will see.....

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!