Old 11-28-2009, 03:46 PM
amma
Power Poster

My Mom: Tabu perfume and Noxema LOL
My Dad: Old Spice and rusty tools/grease/oil
My Paternal grandmothers home...flowers and that nice earthy dirt smell...she had a green house room right off of the dining room..and lard/bacon fat, she always cooked everything using one or the other and her kitchen always smelled of them.
My Maternal grandparents home always smelled of some baked goody fresh out of the oven.
School: The old powdered paints that we would mix up to paint pictures, paste, chalk, clay (remember the handprints and sculptures/ashtrays lol) wet wool coats.
My neighbor's home (my home away from home) woodsmoke and pancakes,bleach. They had a wood cookstove in their kitchen right next to their electric stove...she would dry clothes on lines over it in the winter, and when the power went out they would come over and get us in the mornings and cook us pancakes on the cast iron top.
Horse smells/hay...my friends who raised/showed horses, that clean horse smell was all throughout their homes and vehicles...all the hours spent with them riding, mucking out stalls, haying, playing/sleeping in the hay and hay lofts...