View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 03:51 AM
Judi in Ohio

I am happy to admit, I am a fabric snob. I wouldn't have WM fabric in my quilt. I am particular and don't apologize. I like ct fabric. It has a lovely hand, sews well, holds up well. I like their thread also. I shop sales at my LQS, and thousands of bolts and Hancocks paducah are my main suppliers. By shopping smart I can buy the fabric I love without buying lesser quality. That makes me happy.
Greige goods are the basis for fabric before it is printed. That quality is important. Even the top fabric manufacturers get the printing wrong sometimes. You just need to watch out for it. I've returned fabric I've bought online because of the printing problem, or dyes that are fading. One of my most favorite fabrics I bought at Hobby Lobby, so good stuff can be found anywhere. My prob with WM came about when my friend bought many yards of different cottons to make granddaughter clothes. OMG every piece was worse than the next. I really don't understand putting the work into bad fabric when there are other choices without breaking the bank.
This is just my opinion. I respect your right to buy where you like, may I have mine?