Old 08-24-2013, 05:05 AM
janRN

Good morning, all, and it is a great morning. I love coming here first thing and seeing such beautiful blocks. QNS, that's a perfect block to add to GrannyQ's quilt--and NO! GrannyQ you cannot have the block Anne sent me LOL. QE, your quilt is going to be lovely--the block that GrannyQ made with the soft colors will fit right in. Carrie, I really like that block you made for QNS--wow! Lots of perfectly matched points and great color choices. Can't wait to see the rest of this month's MBs.

Went to the Quilting & Sewing Expo on Thursday. Over 200 vendors and almost all of them were LQS. Oh my!! The fabric selections were awesome. I won't have to buy fabric for at least another 10 years (yeah, right). I will however volunteer to work a few extra days next month before my Discover Card bill arrives LOL!! If I told you I bought 56 pieces of fabric would you think I was a little piggy? Well, I'm a little piggy. Most of it is FQs with a few 1/2 yard pieces. The FQs were $2 and if you bought 5, you got 1 free.

I saw a new (at least to me) fabric. Rayon Batik. Have you seen this? It is beautiful. It's batik fabric with the softness & drape of rayon. The booth had some blouses & jackets & skirts made up as samples and they looked so soft & flowing. (I always wanted to dress like Stevie Nicks in her flowing skirts and scarves but I'm too short & dumpy for flowing LOL). If I sewed clothing I would have bought out their supply.

Have a great week-end, ladies. Do what you want and enjoy it!