View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Dolphyngyrl

Cats tend to have their own personalitites even if you tame here she will still have a little bit of that side of her that she was born with. My cat has been fearful of everything since she was a kitten and while she love all of us. She is still skittish of strangers 13 years later and I have had her since she was 2 months old. I never changed her personality despite how I worked with her with strangers, she was still fearful. Studies in the vet industry actually show that about cat that are born feral. You may be able to calm her enough that she can be handled by you and the time it takes may vary from animal to animal. But they will never be the same as a cat that was not born feral. Also their crucial socialization period is also in the first months of their life and plays a big role in how they are when they are older. I just went to a vet conference a few months ago that talked a lot about this and it was very interesting to see how early the crucial socializing period of dogs and cats were. Also interesting was the nature vs. nurture role in how cats behave, and how nature plays a big role in it.It is the same with aggressive dogs. If the mom was aggressive the likelihood of the puppies being the same way is high despite what you do.