Old 11-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Lisanne

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
Regular scented Jergen's lotion.
Oh, yeah! I got some when I was 8 or 9 as part of a manicure set, a "birthday gift" from an aunt. This aunt never really liked me (and I was a good kid!), and it was really a backhanded kind of thing to get me to stop biting my nails. But the little bottle of Jergens that came with it had the orange and pink swirls on the label, and orange-and-pink was my favorite color combination at that age, and the smell was just the epitome of girly-girl to me!

Other smells:

the original scent of Lysol - I just love it, but I guess no one else does since I can't find it anywhere any more.

linoleum - okay, so linoleum was declasse, but I liked the smell

There's a certain smell I associate with nursery school washcloths. It must be a cleaning solution of some sort, or maybe a kind of soap. It's still around, because every so many years I smell it somewhere. Anyway, the washcloths were these red, white and blue plaid things. I remember them very well, because when I was older my mother bought a set of them on sale. They totally clashed with our otherwise light green towels, but I was still young enough to be enchanted that we had the same washcloths I'd had in nursery school.