Old 08-24-2013, 08:38 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

What a fantastic block Jan! Honchey it's just beautiful. Can't you see it in yellow/orange rays and blue bars diagonally across the corners in batiks? OBTW--"oink oink" went to market and cried Whee (yeah) Whee all the way home. Always like to get bargain FQ's!

QNS learning something new keeps us young! Such a bright cheery block from Carrie and a bunch of them make a stunning quilt. Thanks for sharing the link Carrie.

QE--Love how one suggestion (re:feedsack>burlap) sparks another idea. Would also add an nice texture--it comes in colors too.

Anael--how are you feeling?

GrannyQ your blocks make such a wonderful RWB grouping--and such a different colorway sent onto QE. Looks nice in her flower bed and equally so in amongst her other blocks.

Jeanie such a charming quilt. Yes the blue binding pulls the blue out of the fabrics as it helps to downplay the bright pop of red.

Okay I started writing this before Bev posted her message and finally getting this posted. Talked for over 90 minutes with my sister tonight! Good night all.

Oh--classification went very well. Younger animals did well and two of our Excellent scored cows had points raised a 90 to 91 pts and a 92 to 93 pts. The 93 pt cow is the highest we have ever had. And then a favorite of mine at 12 years and 3 months went 90 points. When an older cow like that scores so well it's a pat on the back that she has stood the test of time and she's still a beauty queen! FYI the point system is based on practical body features that should ideally ensure a long lasting life.

Now good night!