Old 08-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

I finished a couple more blocks today... L-6 [wk of June 16] and M-5 [wk of August 4]
Both of the familiar blogspots - thatquilt and Auntreen have you paper-piecing L-6, I did not think that was necessary - I simply measured the book drafted pattern, added 1/2" for seams on either side and sewed carefully. Most of the strips finish 1/4" so are cut 3/4"...**know how you sew - if you commonly take more than 1/4" seam, cut the strips 1" wide and trim down. I sewed the corner 'square sections' first - actually the very first thing I did was cut a 1x4" strip of orange and white, sewed down one long seam, pressed to orange, cut into four sections and then sewed a 1" strip to one side to make the tiny 3pc squares. I took no pics - sorry in the process - but I think it is straightforward. You can follow the paper-piecing order without the paper! [or you'll be tearing out 47 pieces of it ]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432057[/ATTACH]
Thatquilt paper pieces M-5 as well - aunt reen and I did not. I wanted it to look like Jane so I made it like the picture and if you have the software, her center block pattern is right. The draft pattern in the book is actually variation 1 not the right one. I cut my little squares smaller than Reen - when I looked at the picture it seemed to me that the border around the four-square is slightly narrower than the little squares. I estimated that the squares finish 5/8 and the strip 1/2" so cut the squares 1 1/8" and the border strip 1" wide.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432059[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-l6.jpeg   dj-m5.jpeg