View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 03:39 AM
Elisabrat

OH CHRISTMAS I CAN DO! lol ok when it comes to holidays you would think I was a spring chicken still starting out needing more of this stuff.. but truth is I can not get enough. My mom was a.. grumpy sort. Very old school German. but what she did do for us was gift us all the holidays. She went all out put out stuff, let us decorate the .. ll out of her front windows. And I mean all over them. We made art! we made cut outs! we painted with window paint! the big like 8 foot by 5 foot windows all three of them.. were ours to to display our seasonal stuff. And I think back wow I was not nearly so patient. I gave my kids the fridge.. the rest of the house was a display for hallmark, for the arts for things I coordinated. Wish I had been so free spirit with that .. so in honor of Mom who passed away at 92 three years ago .. I am going holiday to the tenth degree. and no kids or grandkids so it has to be ME who does it. and I do Its a gift I gave my daughter she sent me pics of her new house.. and she says oh I cant wait to decorate for fall! for Halloween and I wanted to laugh.. the gift keeps giving.

I saw some vintage style patriotic the other day tea stained red/white/tea colored striped fabric I needed. No one to use it on.. .. hum hum hum... course my turkey fabric is yelling WHAT ABOUT ME! so you see you get me.. you might just score the big kahuna! (oh I have tropical fabrics decided to collect a few last summer) .. or you get Jaba and your project is done right now! and well Dustysmomma would like to think she can slide off into the sunset with no partner but we can all gang up on her and well.. sneak attack. wait til the last like 1/2 hour then slide in with a sign up.. and there she is.. one of us again batiks dustysmomma batiks.. you could want a batik and black something oh dear who has any of those??? lol all of US> duck we are coming for you girl!