View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 AM
Macybaby

I'll add - being a 201 I'm assuming it's a newer style. If it is actaully a 201 put in a much older case that has a knee bar, then you do have to look at how it's wired up and make sure you are not plugging the motor into the light outlet - that is a direct connection and WILL cause the motor to run full speed indepentenly from the control - as you have totally bypassed the control doing so.

If you have a case with the knee bar, the controller inside will look and work about the same as the pictures I've showed.

On another note, you can get the newer style foot control and use that. I also can't stand the singer control with the little knob. My husband likes it. He puts his foot over both, and then rests on the solid knob and rocks his big toe side down to press in the control. So he rolls his foot back and forth to control the machine.

I'm use to pushing down with my whole toe end of the foot, and that does not work well. I end up putting my foot so only the pinky toe end is sitting on that knob - does not work well either.

My solution is a lot like yours, as most of my machines are in cabinets with control mounted up and a knee lever installed.