View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 07:24 AM
DustysMomma

Christmas at our house was always just the tree, until I was 11 & mother bought a silver tabletop size tree and all blue decorations. She used it for 3 Christmases and then the guy she was dating whined so much about Christmas and all the fuss that the last year she put up the tree, but didn't buy any presents. At the last minute, she felt bad about her decision and decided I needed a new set of sheets, which she bought from the clearance bin with her Sears employee discount. I got up Christmas morning & there was nothing. I was sitting in the living room floor watching a parade on TV & she came out to make coffee. She didn't say a word til she came back to get a cup. That's when she tossed me the bag & said "Merry Christmas."

I tried to be better than than for Dusty. I decorated over the top when he was little. When I got divorced in 2005, I didn't have him here all the time & we're not usually here, so I've not really decorated much since then, but I still have everything, including the teddy bears I collected every year when he was little.