View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Central Ohio Quilter

Default Great fabric shopping week!

This is our fifth year doing this. My dear sister-in-law and a great friend of ours from back in our school days come to Ohio for a week. They arrived this year on Monday and left to go back to New York today. We had 5 days of shopping at a total of 27 quilt shops in the state of Ohio. One day was spent in the Columbus area shops, one day in the Amish area shops, one day in the Akron area shops, one day in the Dayton to Cincinnati area shops, and one day in southeast Ohio, which included an afternoon at the fabulous art quilt show in Athens, Oh. Every night we come back to my house in the central part of the state and start out again early the next morning.

We stocked up on lots of fabric for the upcoming year. This is just about the only time all year I purchase any fabric, unless I find I need something extra for a project.

We talk and talk and talk. We usually find a play, concert, a movie during the evenings. Every night when we come home, we sit around my living room floor and ooooh and aaaah over all the fabric and patterns we bought. Sometimes we find a couple pieces of fabric that we thought looked great together in the store, but do not really go together once we look at them again. That is OK! One piece will go in out stash, and we will look again the next day for some piece of fabric that is THE perfect color, or scale, or pattern.

What a great week this is every year for us! We are all exhausted and broke by the end of the week, but already SO looking forward to next year's "fabric finding frenzy"!!