View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Dina

Well, I am in the process of making a quilt that might "fit the bill." It is similar to a Yellow Brick road, but it is made from a layer cake. The pattern is the Two Slice Layer Cake, and you can find it on Missouri Star Quilt tutorials. It is a VERY easy pattern. Just watch the video once and you will know how to do it.

I am making mine from a layer cake (42 ten inch squares of fabric from one line of a designer....in case you didn't know what one was....I just recently learned. ) that is entirely blue and white. The colors range from a light blue to dark and are just beautiful!!

I found this layer cake online several places, but here is one. It is by Moda and says Spa Deb Strain #19580LC.

http://www.overrainbow.com/cgi-bin/S...es=0&lastmenu=

Here is a picture of where my quilt is, at the moment. I am going to be really pleased with it. Wish I was finished so you could get a better feel for it, but I have added a small white border and will put a larger medium blue on as the other border. Okay...so here are two pictures. You will need to turn your head sideways to see the second one well, but I thought the fabrics might show up better on it. I took that picture before I had sewn the blocks together. I was just figuring out the order I wanted them in.

Maybe this will give you an idea that works for you?

Dina
Attached Thumbnails s8001491.jpg   s8001490.jpg  

Last edited by Dina; 08-25-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: additional info