View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 07:56 PM
wordpaintervs

Default One Hundred and Sixty dolls....

Today, doll 160 went to a 3 year old girl. She has been through more then many of us, even those in their senior years. Below is her story as written by her mother Jessica Cardenas. Below is her story.

My name is Natalia Cardenas. I am 3 years old. I was born with MPS1 (Mucopolysaccharidosis) which is a rare disorder. one out of one hundred thousand people are born with it. The doctors didn't know what I had, until I was eleven months old. When I was fifteen months old, once a week for eight hours a day, me and mommy went to the infusion center at UC Davis to have ERT (Enzyme Replacement Therapy. When I turned two years old, I received a bone marrow transplant. God found me a perfect mach. My next surgery will be on September 26th, so the doctor's can do a 'tethering of my spine'. Hopefully, all will go well. It is the beginning of many surgeries to come.
Lots of love from Natalia Allyce Cardenas
(the above letter was written by her mother, Jessica.

Jessica was born with straight hair, but after her hair grew back, following Chemo, it grew in thick and very curly. She was not supposed to ever walk and talk, but today when she came to my home to get her doll, she was a bundle of energy. when she left, she said 'thank-you', and waved me good-by. She seems to love her doll. In the picture of her, the doll is turned to the inside part, where she is wearing a nightgown. I have attached a second picture showing the outside of the topsy turvy doll dress. The other doll in the picture has been spoken for (boy doll buddy). More dolls will begin being made this coming week, for 2 other children I've been made aware of.

I hope this touches your heart as it has my own.

Hugs to all

Vickey Stamps
Attached Thumbnails natalie-doll-160.jpg   natalie-doll-doll-buddy.jpg  

Last edited by wordpaintervs; 08-25-2013 at 08:00 PM. Reason: typos