Old 08-26-2013, 01:53 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr View Post
I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers Cindy - I know that throws you & emotions for a loop. My Mom was diagnosed back in 1990 - Dec 19 and had her surgery & came home right before Christmas. She was 76 then and lived well until 2 days before her 94th birthday. No other complications from the cancer ....or from the lupus she had from the time she was 23!

Jane has been around for 150 years and will patiently await your return!
Monica
Monica, thanks so much for the encouraging words and keep the prayers coming! We should, hopefully, have the surgery scheduled within the next few weeks. You are starting to move along with Jane again, I hope this means your other quilts are ready for the show.

Adnil, welcome aboard! Your block looks great. I'm in the habit of always washing my fabric as soon as I buy it. I hope to prevent uneven shrinkage (when the quilt is finished) and colors bleeding, especially reds. I did a group project once and my quilt was red, white, and blue. Guess which color bled? Yep, the red onto the whites.

Summer is over, I go back to work . . . in about 2 hours. Maybe I'll get back to DJ earlier than expected. I do love to sit and work on it for a bit in the very early hours while everyone else is still sleeping and before we start our busy day.