Old 08-26-2013, 05:43 AM
vivnme

Originally Posted by Suzette316 View Post
Reading all these posts I have to say it's a bit disheartening that for some, the pursuit of perfection outweighs the beauty of the quilt as it is. I have total respect for all thoughts and opinions on this, but I can't help but feel that the spirit of quilting has gotten lost by some, replaced by that never ending need to only create something pristine and perfect. I know sometimes I have to remind myself why I do this and what I am really trying to achieve and accomplish with each quilt I create. This thread can be a good wake-up call for some of us that total, absolute perfection shouldn't really be the goal. To do our best? Yes, of course. But to also accept that the occasional mistake can also be viewed as a happy accident, and can be what makes that particular quilt incredibly special and unique without worry of what others will think.
I agree with you. But the reason I choose to fix it is because it was going to Quilts of Valor. Their mission statement is
to cover all combat service members and veterans touched by war with comforting and healing Quilts of Valor. I couldn't know for sure how the person would interpret the mistake and since they are wounded I wanted it to be the best possible for them. If it was for me or my family I would have left it that way. It would have given them something the talk about long after I'm gone.