View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 11:53 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I use the 1/4" acufeed foot, move the needle to the right til it's where I want it. No update at my house either. Do you really need 200,000 stitches per minute? I don't.
I would think that even though the "machine" would do 200,000 stiches you'd have a problem getting the thread and the needles to also handle it. Most of the time I can let my Diamond go at full speed but depending on the thread and the density and the fabric or stabilizer I also have to slow it down at times. Since the thread and needle markets aren't going to be changing the way they make those will the all play together well. If not, how often will you really be able to go that fast. It's like having a car that goes 150 MPH but only drive on local highways. You will never (or hardly ever) be able to use it to the fullest capabilities. So why pay the extra money. I have no new machine in site since mine is less than a yr and top of the line until next month when the new Vikings come out. I will love looking and seeing what is all available out there but that's as far as it'll go. I can't even afford to drool at this time.