View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 01:56 PM
nanna-up-north

Default Questions from my DGD about a Singer 201

My DGD sent me a picture today by email of a Singer 201 that she and her DH got from his grandmother. She is so excited..... only wish I were closer...... 750 miles is too far for me to go clean it up and get her comfy with it. So, she's calling me with questions and I'm trying to answer them as best I can. I don't have a 201 to go look at so I'm hoping you all can answer some simple questions for her.

I looked up the serial# and it is a 1940 model 201. I told her how to get a manual on ismacs.... She and her DH are going to oil it and grease the gears...... can you believe he already has tri-flo??? He's a good DGS-in-law.

It didn't have any bobbins with it so I'm wondering which ones to order from sew-classic. And I assume it takes a standard 15 x 1 needle but thought I'd better check with the experts to be sure.

Is there anything unique that I need to tell her about? It makes me so happy that she's getting excited about this machine..... Yeah!! All those years of working with her when she was little are paying off. I so wish I were closer so I could share in this part, too.