View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Grammahunt

Hey Musicmom! I wish we could have met up at the Grand Rapids show. I did purchase a Sweet 16 at the show. I had been shopping Baby Lock, but on the ride to GR my quilting friend was telling us how much she loved her HQ Sweet 16. She didn't know I had secretly been planning to buy one and I did not know she owned one. So what a surprise for all of the them when I said sweet hubby had given me the go ahead to buy one. I tried every single sit down there just to be sure I got the right one. Even the one I previously loved--the Baby Lock--did not outshine the HQ Sweet 16. The price was less than the Baby Lock, AND I found out that HQ makes the Baby Lock sit down quilter. My sweet baby is being delivered on Wednesday and I can hardly wait. I've had a Viking MegaQuilter for years, which I absolutely love, but the throat size is what sent me looking at these new sit down quilters. Also, the Sweet 16 machine head is the same whether it is sit down or stand in front. I found that to be a major bonus because if/when I sell it can be converted to a frame if wanted. Good luck.