View Single Post
Old 08-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Windblown

Lightbulb What can I say--Blush, head down

Background, 5 yrs ago my DH was driving back and forth to out local lawn trimmings recycle, using back roads. He noticed that an old house was getting ready for demolish and a few things were out by the garbage can. He went back and forth several times and the things were still there, it started to rain and he told me I just could not let them sit in the rain, so he brought them home. the first one was a 8x4 foot solid top harvest table with hand carved legs. Beautiful! The second one- was a very old card table with some kind of funny opening on it, the top is a little warped the metal was rusty, but we decided to keep it anyway put in the back of garage and just forgot about it.

I have been collecting machines for a few months and just got a Singer 301, during the night I woke up from a sound sleep.The Dime dropped, there was a singer card table in Our garage!I got up, 3am, flash light in hand and went to check. Yup! but I could not get it out until today. So here it is I'm afraid it isn't for a 301 but I wonder if I can modify it ( without harming it ) so the 301 could fit in it. I think it is a card table 308?
Sorry for the long story but how often do things like this happen?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432426[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]432428[/ATTACH]
This girl is very heavy I thought she was painted brown but actualy is black!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432430[/ATTACH]
Hope you enjoyed our journey in old card tables.
Attached Thumbnails img_1242.jpg   img_1243.jpg   img_1244.jpg   img_1246.jpg