Old 08-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by SMR View Post
Really like this block and think it will work for something I'm working on--donations for a Relay for Life benefit. I think I'be figured out the measurement of the cut size for center background of the outer star but thought I'd check with you before I cut. Should those pieces be cut 3 X 3.5 or are they cut 3 X 3. To get square it seems like they should be 3 inch squares but marked to finish 2.5 X 3.
SMR,
The parts of the block you are referring to are NOT square, they are actually slightly rectangular! So, yes, they are to be cut at 3.5" x 3".....can't *believe* I missed that measurement on the right side of the graphic!!!!

(Of course, with that said, you could absolutely cut them at 3.5" square. It will make a larger block that has more "float" for the points of the main star. I didn't care for this amount of background fabric in the block so that's why I "trimmed" around the block to create the rectangular star point sections.)

THANK YOU for asking the question!! As I am not yet cutting fabric and sewing, I did not test drive this block before submitting it to you all. #colormeembarrassed#

Jan in VA