Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
I have an interesting machine that was gifted to me today. No attachments or manual but it is a lil black Singer. The serial # is PA070279. The serial # is in front underneath when you lift up the machine. It looks like a 99 but has a 15 vertical bobbin and case and there is a lever on the right side by the arm that drops the feed dogs. The tension is numbered and found on the front. It has a light whose cover is broken but it looks like an add-on which is clipped on from the screw for the face plate. it is missing all power cords and foot controller but it's a 3 pronger and I have some to share. It is not a potted motor. I will see if I can get the 2 pics to download - my camera died then.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what model this might be?

The bottom picture shows how the light is hooked onto Fred.
I have no idea what machine you have either. I have a 3/4 size 15 clone so I wonder if Singer turned out a few 3/4 size 15s? Hopefully somebody else with no pictures will hijack your topic and we can figure this one out. The pictures I would like to see are the dark underside and the bobbin area. Have you set it next to a clone and looked at the two together? I have only had one of the 3/4 size 15 clones - I don't think they are very common and that one isn't very common either. The expert would be Rain Noe. His blog is: http://vssmb.blogspot.com/ I think if you send him a pic and a description he might be more help than I ever could be. Did you check the serial number? Check with Glenn or Grant before doing the outside clean up.