View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 04:26 AM
DustysMomma

I was bad Saturday. I bought a little bit though, not a lot. Went to Joann's for fabric to match what I bought the weekend before for Elisabrat's runner swap. I ended up buying solid orange since I couldn't find anything I was happy with. I also picked up 3 yrs of solid white, which I'll use part of for Elisabrat's housewarming gift. Then I went to check out the remnants. I lucked up! There was a 2-tone orange swirl the perfect size for a runner or wallhanging, which will now be the backing for my fall runner ($3). There was also a perfect fabric for the backing for Elisabrat's housewarming gift, again, just enough for the project ($4). But where I fell down was on the 2 extras I bought. I already have this dark, rich blue marble I've been hoarding for our quilt, if I can ever figure out which pattern I want, but I couldn't leave the nearly 1 yard remnant there! I got 1 more...what was it? I can't remember now, but it definitely wasn't a planned buy either. Anyway, I got to the front, and happy days! I had two 40% off coupons to use on the solid fabrics, the remnants of course were 50% off, and then I had a Hobby Lobby coupon I found online too. All total I left the store with about 5 yards of fabric for $20 & some change. 2 pieces plus whatever is left of the orange and the white will go in my stash. With the new embroidery machine, I have a feeling the white will go fast though.