Old 08-27-2013, 08:57 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by WTxRed View Post
I agree - would be a very pretty quilt - I see it made with Stonehenge fabrics and could you use your (real) tiles sizes as your pattern templates ? Please do show us what you come up with.
OH! Now how did you know the Stonehenge fabrics are some of my favorites? I agree, that would look great! I think I kept a couple of tiles in the basement for "just in case", I'll see if I can dig them out right after I finish the corp taxes.

Originally Posted by quilter68 View Post
OH yeah! They would make a beautiful quilt. I like the Jeruselem tile road. They look like our cobble stone streets in Philadelphia.. For ideas you can try Marcia Hohns' site. That book is only $3.32 for a used one. I have bought many, many used books and found them to be just fine. I am compiling all the state documentation books and they are from the 80's and 90's.
The only reason I didn't order the book yesterday is I got tired and distracted after the 5th one who wouldn't ship to Canada and gave up. To buy the same used book on the Canadian amazon site is considerably more. I'll go back and try one night while I'm watching tv or something. The Quilter's Cache, yes, I've seen her site. I love it. I don't have the skills yet to make any of it, but I like looking.

Originally Posted by oldtnquiltinglady View Post
Your bathroom sink idea brings to mind my own thoughts when I am sitting having my coffee in our sunroom every morning, studying the design in our linoleum floor. I think I can do that. I keep working on it every day, and maybe someday, I'll go right out to my sewing room and work my way through it. Thanks for the inspiration.
I do that too Mostly up until now I'd see FMQ patterns. The piecing one made me so happy because my frame is empty, and I don't usually find that I like the piecing part. So if I have something like this that I want to create.... yay

I think I'm going to start on paper, or bond with EQ. I'll scan some of my fabrics and try to make it as true to life as possible and post when I get something , anything for some input.

Originally Posted by merry View Post
Imagine the Moda pattern with landscaping fabric of sandstone! Gorgeous!
Oooh! I like this Looks like I will be able to replace my ugly red first quilt sooner than I thought with all of these ideas