Old 08-27-2013, 10:27 AM
dreid

New to this whole thing although we purchased the following machine about 30 years ago at an estate auction. It is a Bartlett-Our Very Best-sewing machine. I have found very little information online after checking many different sites, and I still haven't seen one quite like this. So any info you add would be greatly appreciated. I do know that at some point Bartlett was sold or part of the National Sewing Machine company. [ATTACH=CONFIG]432540[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]432542[/ATTACH]The head is beautiful, and basically nothing has been done to it in over 30+ however many years before. Included are the attachments I found in the cabinet drawers. [ATTACH=CONFIG]432545[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]432546[/ATTACH]The cabinet drawers are curved and I can't find anyothers who have curved drawers. I'm sure they are out there, but I just haven't found them. There are even some very interesting buttons in the drawer. The cabinet in front of the sewing machine also have a 13" ruler. [ATTACH=CONFIG]432547[/ATTACH]I got a new belt for the machine. My next step is figure out how to put the belt on and then get the machine threaded. I'm dreading the bobbin part because I'm not sure exactly how it works. It may take a little cleaning. I dared to look in there yesterday and it looks like it make take a little work to get it out. I'm hoping the bobbins is salvageable. It looks to be a shuttle type which I know is going to be a little more complicated. I didn't really see any extra bobbins in the goodies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432550[/ATTACH]I also have this puzzle box that I have had for a while. I'm not sure if it was with this machine. My gut tells me no. I think it may have been from a Singer machine that was in my husbands family. It has a ton of attachments. I think there are some that may not have shown up i the picture. I can only speculate what they are for. (They don't look much like my attachments for my 1985 Bernina 930 which I'm guessing by some of the pictures is on its way to becoming a vintage machine, but I absolutely love it and wouldn't trade it for anything.)

Thanks for the chance to share and thanks for any info you have to share. DReid
Attached Thumbnails bartlett-sewing-machine-head-our-very-best.jpg   attachments-found-cabinet-bartlett.jpg   lower-treadle-our-very-best-bartlett.jpg   curved-drawers-cabinet-bartlett.jpg   ruler-cabinet-bartlett.jpg  

puzzle-box-not-sure-if-bartlett-another-machine.jpg