Old 08-27-2013, 10:40 AM
dreid

Here's my next venture into the vintage sewing machine world. It arrived yesterday after I purchased it on eBay. I love it. It is an 1886 fiddle-base Singer machine. Serial #7432068 with an osciallating round bobbin using a a 15x1 needle. It is titled "The Singer New Improved Family Machine." The hand painted flowers during this time period appear to have been made in Kilbowie Scotland, but I haven't found any literature to back that up nor can I find anything on the machine to verify that either. It moves like a dream. The vendor who sent it did a great job of cleaning it up and getting it humming from what I can tell. I love it. I bought with the idea I would just display the head and enjoy its beauty and let others enjoy it also, but now the bug has bitten me to get it into a cabinet (don't have one yet) and get it back in service. Enjoy the pictures and let me know if you have any more information on this one also.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432552[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]432553[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]432555[/ATTACH]Thanks from the Newbie, DReid
Attached Thumbnails flowered-model-27-singer-1886.jpg   fiddle-base-model-27-pic-2.jpg   fiddle-base-model-27-view-3.jpg