Old 08-27-2013, 11:25 AM
paintmejudy

I don't know how many are coming back to this thread, but I want to post this anyway.

I am horrified at the ill manners of three people in my guild. Last week, we had the first pincushion swap that I organized, and about 15 people participated. Not too bad of a turnout. BUT ... one person turned in for the swap a strawberry, like the one I made for this swap. This pincushion had been made by our outgoing president for her outgoing board members. I cherish mine. Evidently, someone else did not. Also, at the Christmas party last year, there was a 3" square wool pincushion with a little flower on top, hand stitched with a blanket stitch and stufffed with crushed walnuts -- it was a party favor at every gal's place, all made by the women who organized and make the dinner for about 60 people. Two of these cushions were turned in for a swap. I could not believe how rude and unthinking they were. The outgoing president and the gal who made some of the felt cushions both were there. I was so upset for them.

Ok, That's it, sorry, I just needed to vent!!!