Old 08-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Adnil, I'm not fully understanding 'Masterworks' - when I googled it, it seemed like an embroidery software program primarily for the baby lock that will adapt any picture or pattern you scan into it into an embroidery pattern that you then put into your embroidery machine and it will 'embroider' it on. What you said sounds sort of like the program is able to transfer the design to your background fabric, you add the top 'applique' fabric and it will stitch it in the right place for you to trim at the edges and then use a decorative stitch for final attachment???

as for me..... LOVE needle-turn!! I find it relaxing and as a math-wiz I usually think that if you measure correctly you usually get the piecing right. When I have had a problem piecing - which I have done primarily by machine with Jane - I have found that if I make the correction by hand in exactly the right spot, I only rip out once because it is easier to see what I am doing. Dont get me wrong! I frequently will think the machine will go much faster, but you can't turn your small block or part of your block sideways to take a better look. When I use the machine in an area that has a sharp point meeting another corner, I have also found that by lengthening my stitch the first time I sew the seam, adjustments are easier and I go over it with a tighter stitch when it is where I want it to be.