Old 08-27-2013, 05:58 PM
SheriR

My second attempt at Jane came to a screeching halt this summer. I was in a mad rush to finish 23 grandchildren quilts for my sweet MotherInLaw. I finished 10 tops in June. All the same pattern so I'm pretty proficient at it lol. Then my Step Father passed July 7 and I rushed to Idaho for his funeral. I was scheduled to be gone four days, two for travel, two for funeral and visiting. WELL...those of you who know me, know I ended up staying in Idaho for six WEEKS. When I went to visit my In laws my 94 yrold Father-in-law was very ill from a broken shoulder. MotherInLaw was exhausted from taking care of him and what could I do but stay and take care of them both. My FatherInLaw passed a week later. It was quite an emotional ride. I stayed five more weeks while sweet MotherInLaw adjusted to her new world.

A long long story to get to the DearJane I took Sweet MotherInLaw to see. A local quilter, I think she was local, had many years of quilting on display in the local news paper office. We went specifically to see her DJ. It really was pretty, however, as you can see she, her Jane was her own design of Jane's blocks and solid blocks. It seemed to me she had chosen the most easy blocks or maybe her favorites, of course. I'm not being a critic, I promise, it was lovely! Adnil, if you can tell, you'll be pleased that even this wonderful quilter did no hand work. All her blocks needing hand work of any kind seemed to be fused and zigzagged. If I could talk myself into it, I'd finish faster and have a beautiful quilt!! My summer has changed my outlook on many things. I just might try it. But if you remember, I have two Janes going now and my second BatikJane BoM at four months behind...sob sob sob. There is hope! I'm nearly ready to begin again.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg