View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:54 AM
Stitch124

Default Isolette blankets

Hi - My sister in law is the manager of the hospital nursery and NICU in the city where she lives. She's asked me to make isolette blankets that will be sturdy enough to withstand the hospital's laundry process.

She will be providing the dimensions to me shortly and has asked that the bottom of the blankets be black or dark brown, blue, green, etc to block out light so the babies can sleep undisturbed. The tops can be baby designs and any cheerful and fun fabric that will work in the laundry.

Does anyone here have any experience with these types of isolette blankets? What have been your general observations? What fabric works best? Type of quilting used? Fabrics? Did you have the fabric already or was it donated? She said she would pay me to make them, but if I can get the fabric donated then I would make them for free, of course. She said the manufacturer she buys them from now charges $250 each!!! That's just plain ridiculous!

I have done a bit of research on the internet for isolette blankets and some are very simple designs to very elaborate with separate panels that flip up and tie at the ends to prevent the blankets from slipping off the isolette. I will know more about what she wants when she sends the name of the isolette manufacturer and the dimensions.

Any ideas and information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. This will definitely be a true labor of love and an honor for me.

Thanks,
Stitch124