View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:46 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Windblown View Post
AArcane, Thank you so much this was exactly what I had in mind, when I was try to explain about it. My 301 is a short bed so it will fit in here just fine.
I just could never bring myself to harm a vintage piece like this, so no worries on that thought all.
I will have to start on the massive rust project first, I think with all of the horizontal pieces it will have to be Naval Jelly, anything small enough to take off I will use Evapo-rust on. What really worries me are the leg hinges, how to get them free of rust. Thank You again.
You know, I bet you could take the FW supports off, turn them upside down so the FW bracket part is facing down, and then reassemble. Instant 301 table, and no lost parts. I would probably still add the 3rd bracket.

Hmmm... I might have to do this myself.

The hinges or the springs that hold them open or closed? I think almost all of it will come apart and can be soaked or uh.... jellied. The springs can be bought from Glenn Williams in Florida, or you can make them with music wire and bake them in the oven to "strain relieve" them. DH did this for me for one hinge and a spring (discontinued) for the bobbin winder on my 115.