Old 11-29-2009, 12:34 PM
bstanbro

I like the way I have my stash organized. Maybe it would work for you. The plastic shoebox way is a good choice, especially if you can see through them. I have mine sorted by their dominant color in ROY G BIV order, and I have an extra couple of black, white, brown and multi. (Pink is in with red and gray is in with black.) I use the shoe boxes for fat quarter sizes. Then I have some of the plastic stacking bins with pull out drawers--one larger for yardage and one quite small for bits and pieces that I might use in paper piecing. It works for me. The small drawers for bits and pieces are especially nice because I can pull out the whole drawer of pieces rather than having them spread all over my table. You say you don't have much room, but if you can stack the bins, you can fit quite a bit in a small space. Hope this helps. I can post pictures if you would like. My methods have evolved according to my needs. Sometimes it's helpful just to look at, say, The Container Store (which can be expensive), and see what's available. Then decide what method would work best for you.