View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 06:33 AM
buslady

Default Vintage Quilt Find

Went to an estate sale last week. The lady that owned the house was a secretary at the school when I was in school. Her daughter had hired a company to do the sale. There were three or four quilts for sale and I wondered if Geraldine had made them. Thought it would be fun to have a vintage quilt made by someone I knew. They were asking $35 for the quilt. Daughter tells me that her mother did not sew, that it was made by her grandmother, or possibly her great-grandmother. The quilt is in great shape, only one of the fabrics has deteriorated. It needs cleaned, you can see the fold marks where it is darker. I got some of that Vintage Clean product and am going to try to clean it. Thought I would do it in the bathtub and lay it on towels to dry so as not to cause any damage. Anyway, here are some pictures. I am so very happy with this purchase. I am thinking 1930's due to the fabric used. Anyone with help on dating or any other information would be appreciated. I really like anything sewing related/vintage and this is my first quilt. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails vintage1.jpg   vintage2.jpg   vintage3.jpg   vintage4.jpg   vintage5.jpg  

vintage9.jpg   vintage10.jpg