View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 01:28 PM
Nancy in Louisiana

I LOVE MY KINDLE!!!! I treated myself to one when the price dropped down to $259. Dealing with my local library was frustrating -- I usually had to go on a wait list for weeks to get the new books. Now I get them in less than 5 minutes. New releases are usually around $10, older books $4-7, old classics and some other not-as-famous books are FREE. I found it to be very user friendly - it always remembers where I left off when I turn it on. It's small, lighter than a real book, and very readable. No, it won't let you share books to other accounts, but I'm not sure how Barnes and Noble is going to handle that with their NOOK. If they let everyone share, they won't be getting much in book sales, so I imagine that they will be set up similar to Amazon. The screen is easy to read, even in the sun -- much better than my phone or camera. I was surprised to see that whenever Amazon updates the software, it automatically downloads to my unit so I'm up-to-date with new advances. I highly recommend Kindle -- I just got one for my daughter for Xmas. I think theyare great for anyone who reads a lot because they are so convenient and portable.