Old 08-29-2013, 10:43 AM
NCquilter

Hey all!

Sorry I've been offline for a while. It's been a hectic month for me. A co-worker's husband is in ICU and since we are each other's "back-up" at work, I've been having to do her duties on top of everything I do. He's been in ICU since early Monday morning. She called me at 2:00 AM advising he was not breathing and they were on their way to the hospital by ambulance.

Before that happened, a co-worker's son (4 years old) passed away unexpectedly. Doctors are still unsure of what caused his death. He was fine one day and then the next he was in the hospital and then passed away.

It's been an emotional month for everyone at work. I work at a police department and we treat everyone like family.

I've taken a couple days off from work to get some things done at home and one of the things on my list is to get the blocks finished and sent out.

Since I've been gone, I've received a ton of beautiful blocks. Since there were so many, I just posted them in album in the signature line. Thanks for all the great blocks.