Old 08-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Quercus Rubra

Wow I received my box from Mary Hodges aka Craftymatt2 yesterday on a date that is really difficult for me so, I needed a ray of sunlight and Mary's box was very helpful in that. I could believe on how packed it was!!! I think there is 29 different fabrics. OMG!!! That mulsin has tobe close to 14 or 15 yards!!! JACKPOT!!!! I use muslin for everything and I mean everything for tea-dyeing, backing, stitchery ... well you get the point. LOL. And funny thing is I was almost completely out ... with the exception of a few scrap pieces. Talk about timing ... I was trying to figure out how I was going to get somemore for the projects that I'm working on right now. Whoooweeee! Mary sure saved my butt ... yeah!! I can make many of my little 12" Prairie Dolls from that oh-so-wonderful Muslin.

I found some solids & blenders for a tablerunner that I making. If you look real hard on the right hand of the photo ... you can see me graphing out the design. Yes ... yes - I'm getting my geek on (rolling eyes here). There are several small flower prints that will be prefect for some sixty 12" prairie doll dresses that my 4 person quilt group are making for Santa to give out for our local village Christmas program this year. So Thank You Mary ... we are using gifted fabrics to make these little dolls & dresses possible.

The pattern that she enclosed will be prefect for me to make some usefully but pretty sewing gifts for my packages and Christmas gifts. I loved the "I'm a Quilting Addict's" license plate that I hung up in the little quilting area. There is so many useful items in this box that I MUST try and find a way to play in the next swap.

I wanted to say "Thank You" to Mary as this was a great box that you sent me. I would trade with ya again anytime!!

Sincerely,
Tricia

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432918[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn3643.jpg