View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 10:56 AM
vintagemotif

Thanks! It was a fun and easy quilt to make that required no batting. It's a heavy quilt!

I worked in large sections since denim is very heavy. The large sections are noticeable on the back of the quilt. All the squares are pieced together with a 1" strip using a 1/4' seam. The range of the squares are 2"-12". Once sections of squares were pieced together, I then quilted those section to the back fabric. After all sections were quilted, I then added all the sections together with 1" strips.

I didn't come up with this pattern. Credit should be given to this gal: http://lucysquilts.blogspot.com/2009...im-quilts.html

The order I worked was laying out squares, piecing squares into large sections, drawing quilt lines on sections (so the quilting matched up), quilting, attaching large sections together with the 1" strips, binding, and sewing down backside of the thin strips.

Yes, I did hand-stitch the binding and backside strips since I wanted a clean look without any additional machine lines showing or decorative stitching.