View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 05:57 PM
lalaland

Loved all your responses and really appreciated your input. We had a very interesting time tooling around AJ and checking it out. We really liked the Ironwood Mobile Home Park so plan to pursue something for sale by owner there. We have friends and family in that park.

We did look at a mobile home for sale by owner in that park. I'm the savvy one in our family when it comes to mobiles so negotiations are my responsibility in that area. The mobile was, unfortunately, overpriced, and the owner was unwilling to budge, which simply means it's not our time to buy and something better is coming up for us just around the corner.

Cricket, since we're only considering AJ, I'm probably not the best person to ask for recommendations. On the AJ side of Phoenix is Mesa, Scottsdale, Chandler, Tempe, Gilbert. On the other side are places like Sun City and Surprise - that area is considered more affluent, but the AJ side has less crime.

We have family that have the same taste in dwellings as we do and they are keeping their eyes and ears open. For now, our new "to us" house is closing on Sept. 16th and we'll be putting our mobile here up for sale soon.