View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 05:51 AM
Skeat

Stephanie...just breathe!:))You can do this! I was scared to death w/applique too w/my machine and self taught myself. I think I checked out 50 books from the library only to be really confused as there are so many different ways!:))So, I picked out what interested me or I felt comfortable with and did it:)). If you were sitting here next to me, I'd tell you to go get one of your old acrylic soft brushes (w/o paint on it) and gently roll out the lint at your sewing machine light and down in the bobbin area...sounds to me that you might have a collection going on which breaks the threads:0). Then start up...if you are doing something like a fusible web on your fabric, ironing it on background then appliq. from there I agree w/some that you might be too thin and might need to put that tear-away stabilizer underneath your project to give thickness. Just go slow..start w/need down so you can lift your presser foot and move the direction of the fabric when going around points or curves. You can do this!:0)You will really enjoy this when you do it. One of my favorite ways to applique I picked up on the video at: www.allpeoplequilt.com I love the look in this idea! Keep us posted! Skeat