Old 08-30-2013, 04:49 AM
Digitabulist

Default NY/PA Row by Row

Originally Posted by coastienest View Post
Wow what a great time I am having with 4 of my quilting buddies as we participate in this shop hop. Whoever came up with this idea was a genius. I know it has been a lot of fun and has allowed us to see shops we never knew about. If you are not familiar with this I can explain.
Participating shops all across Pa, and New York also, made up a pattern representing their shop pertaining to the theme of "Fairs and 'Festivals". You go to each shop, collect their pattern, or kit if you prefer, and then once you have 8 rows done totally into a finished quilt you take it back to your local shop. If you were the first to finish one, and used that shops block, you receive a stack of fat quarters and maybe something special from that shop. You have until the end of December to finish your quilt and get that prize. Tons of shops already have winners. Check them out by going onto Facebook and searching Pennsylvania Row by Row. They are already making plans for 2014 and I heard today that Ohio, New Jersey and Maryland are joining in the fun next year. It is awesome fun. It ends Sept 2nd so we are almost done. We did quite a few shops and were really happy with the whole process.
Janet Lutz of Calico Gals in Syracuse NY designed the first Row by Row for NY shops. This year, PA was added. It has been a great way to learn of new shops, visit shops during your vacation trips you may not have found and collect the unique, one of a kind patterns from each shop.