View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 10:31 AM
FroggyinTexas

A woman we paid to come to present a program for one of the quilt guilds to which I belong crushed one of our members by telling her that people who make quilt tops and have some else sew the sandwich together are not quilters, but ONLY "toppers!" Her supercilious snobbery made me wish we had not paid her.

I used to be a newspaper reporter, which is to say I went out and interviewed people, observed events and wrote stories that the editors edited and then sent to the press room, where the men who ran the presses loaded the paper into the presses, adjusted the ink flow and printed the paper. Before any of that could happen, the people who worked in advertising had to sell enough ads to pay for the paper (subscriptions don't begin to pay expenses). And after all that, other men and women delivered the paper everywhere there were subscribers.

Now, which ones of us were "newspaper men/women?"

Same difference with people who make quilt tops and with people who sew them to border and back. Can't have one without the other! froggyintexas
Originally Posted by oneteappot View Post
I was asked today, who is a quilter, the person who sews all the little pieces together or when a quilt is sent out to be quilted, the person that sews all the layers together. I say both! Your opinion????