Old 08-31-2013, 01:28 PM
AlienQuilter

Default Sewing with Nancy - Fancy Footworks series

I watched this show today and it got me to wondering about which feet would I get enough use out of.

She demonstrated a foot for making flowers. Don't know how many projects I could use that for.

Does anyone here have a special foot that you bought that you really love and use a lot?

Also, I watched Quilting Arts and the guest demonstrated a walking foot that had a guide in it for stitch in the ditch. Does any one have this foot and is it worth it? Does the guide part attach separately or do I need to buy the entire foot - those walking/even feed feet can get pricey.

One foot that I bought quite a while back was an open toe applique foot that only cost 5$. It was for a Bernette65. I found that it fits my Babylock just fine and I use it more than I do the regular foot that came with the Babylock. That one has a piece of clear plastic that really isn't that clear and it's hard to see where the needle comes down which is very important in applique.

I use my button foot a lot. It came with the Babylock and it's really easy to use to sew a button down with. Only used the button hole foot a few times.

Can't stand the foot with the 1/4" guide for the Babylock. I can sew a long strip, like two jelly strips and look back and the seam will be all wonky. But if I use the regular foot and a command strip my seam lines are straight.

So, what specialty do you have that you use enough to make it worthwhile?