View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Blackberry

Default Child's Singer I Think

I was buying another Singer from this guy yesterday and my DH noticed this little cutie. I asked the man if it was for sale and if so, how much. He told me he would sell it to me for $40. It has its own little treadle cabinet with drawers. It is the cutest thing I have seen in a long time, however, I don't know if it is a child's machine or not. It has feed dogs but no needle and I don't have any idea how to thread it. I guess there is no bobbin as I can't find one underneath. Would it possibly take the same kind of needle that a child's 20-10 takes. The floral motifs are nearly perfect. It looks very pretty even though it needs to be cleaned, oiled and polished badly. It appears that the cabinet has been painted but the treadle is the black color as old style treadles. I checked the serial number but it does not correlate so I don't know what that serial number means. The machine sits on a black board that attaches to the cabinet. Then it folds down into the cabinet like a normal treadle machine. Has anyone ever seen one like this and if so can you fill me in on some info about it. I am sure it is not anything I will ever use but I still would like to get some information on it. I will send more pictures after I do some cleaning and polishing on it. Today is our 45th Wedding Anniversary and I think this is a very appropriate gift since I am addicted to vintage machines.
Attached Thumbnails childs-floral-singer-front-close-up.jpg   childs-floral-singer-back.jpg   childs-floral-singer-goes-cabinet.jpg   childs-floral-singer-no-needle.jpg   childs-floral-singer-serial-number.jpg  

childs-floral-singer-treadle-wheel-belt-holes.jpg   childs-floral-singer-sitting-cabinet.jpg