Thread: My five kids
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 05:30 PM
jrhboxers

Great bunch - looking good.

When I was still doing Boxer Rescue in Indiana, we have worked a deal with some breeders in our work with Pilot Dogs of Ohio. Whenever a breeder had a white boxer, we would take the pup in at 3 days (when they have their tails docked). We would then hand-raise them and begin basic training with them. When they were 12 weeks old, we would hand them over to PDO for their further training. This enabled pups that would otherwise be euthanized (mostly due to AKC rules) a great future. Boxer are just so smart and training is actually a little faster. People who have had Boxer dogs in the past, usually request that their new one be a Boxer.

It was a huge win-win-win situation. The breeders did not have the responsibility of raising the pups. PDO had good, solid healthy pups. And if they didn't do so well at their advanced training, they were returned to us and we placed them with forever families.

Congrats on raising pups. I wish I could get back to it someday. Beautiful group - you should be proud.