Old 08-31-2013, 05:36 PM
miriam
Power Poster

We have had our hands full with that place. We own the place next door. It has been gutted. The health department would rather have people paint a place than live there. Anyway things went to a halt until we got the other place painted. We are really needing to get something done with the place we live in. It is in a rather bad area of Indy and we need out. The shop isn't in a 'good' area but it isn't in a high crime area. AND thanks to the Health Department it looks a bit better than it did. People still can't get loans on houses so that is a strike against the area. We have an acre and a half + or - and debt free. We are doing the work ourselves and using stuff off CL or GW or wherever we scrounge plus what ever we need from Lowe's etc. The shop house is a hodge podge since it was built. We have had massive amounts of work to do. The house next door is a nice house but needed quite a bit of gutting and now needs massive amounts of re-building at this point. Anyway that room is the key to a lot of stuff moving around so I am very excited yet dreading the move. I will be trying to get rid of some of the cabinets soon. Seems I have headless cabinets. I think Glenn might come up some time and see if we can put some frankencabinets together and get a few treadles working & maybe some not so frankencabinets. I'm not sure what all there is but something has to move... It's like one of those puzzles I had when I was a kid. You have a bunch of squares to move and one blank. Remember those? Right now the shop room is the blank. Kind of scary.