View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 07:15 PM
foufymaus

Actually, nope. Not a lot of money for the found machine. I adjusted the timing myself, since i hadn't spent $$$ for it i figured it was a good learning experience. After googling timing I found a video on youtube that really explained what to do easily. It took me a bit to figure out the right position to get it to zig & zag. LOL so a few hours, a bit of machine oil i had and that's pretty much all it took.

I find i use my found machine more than my others although i do love the others. The found one is lighter, i guess it's aluminium versus the older steel. It has a more modern look, haha if ya call early eighties aesthetics as modern. Sure there are lots of dings in the paint but it runs beautifully and will vibrate the solid oak dining table i use to sew on when i'm not using the others.

My budget for machines is between Free and $35 depending on how badly i want it. If it were an Atlas (Pink), Featherweight . 301 and a 401 i may consider actually spending more. Or if it came with EVERYTHING ya know the extra feet/cams/manual/cabinet and the condition is pristine.

Here's the pic of my 'found' machine, best i can figure it's a re-badged White machine. I think someone just forgot it on the side of the road when they were traveling. It was just sitting there in the middle of nowhere. Almost like some one set it there to get something else in the car then forgot to put it back in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433465[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dfafbmi.jpg