View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by charismah
oh Do you remember Jem? she was jerica when she wasn't
a rockstar...and their rivals were the misfits? I had the dolls..each doll came with a cassette tape......Jem is her name no one else is the same JEM!lol.s
You must be the same age as my oldest!
She had Jem and all the stuff that went with her. She even had a Gem car that when you opened the trunk, it was an AM radio. I STILL have that car along with the speakers that go with it. lol
Not sure why I have hung on to it all this time, but maybe my grandbabies are girls? :)

I didn't have Barbies...didn't like dolls. I wanted trucks and boy things lol
I did have the jump ropes and those swinging things that went around your ankle.
One year, my dad got a good deal on headphones. The HUGE ones that had the radio in them. We all got those. I still have mine too! lol
I think I was about 12 and my sister got Chrissy, the doll that it's hair grew. Well, for some reason, I pitched a fit and wanted Velvet. Chrissy's cousin. Pitched this fit on Christmas Eve! Well, guess what I got? Yup, Velvet. Opened the package, took her out, played with her for maybe 10 minutes, put her on my bed and that's where she stayed. Never played with her again.
We would get Hula Hoops. Those were hard to wrap.
Games of all sorts, but those always had ALL our names on them.
We lived in the middle of the woods, so we really didn't want for much in the way of toys. We had tree forts, rope swings and all sorts of cool things out there.
We would get sleds and ice skates since there was a hill in our back yard and a small pond.....