View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 AM
DustysMomma

Everything in my stash is 2 yrs old or less, except for I think maybe 4 pieces. Those are the ones I found in a box full of craft supplies that I'd kept together because I was making wreaths with candleholders in the middle of them. You know, you cut the fabric into squares with pinking shears & then poke the squares into the wreath with a phillips head screwdriver? I had both Christmas fabric and some American flag fabric, with coordinating solids, that I had stashed away in there & forgot about. I'd just started stashing again in the last 2 yrs though. Before that, I'd been doing a random project here & there & only buying just enough for it & giving away the leftovers for a while. I only really got back sewing regularly when I started making placemats to sell, and next thing I know I had the quilting bug again. Now I have too much going on to make placemats, unless they're requested. Right now I'm sitting on at least a 14 projects that are either waiting to be done or are in some stage of completion. 4 of them have to be ready to go to Denmark by Friday when the man's brother arrives, plus I have to turn my sewing room back into the guest room by then.